The house of Mauboussin was founded in Paris in 1827 by M. Rocher in collaboration with Jean–Baptiste Noury. Throughout the nineteenth century the firm exhibited in numerous World Expositions, including the 1873 Vienna Exposition and the 1878 Paris Exposition, winning a medal in the latter. In 1925 Mauboussin won the Grand Prix at the Exposition des Arts Décoratifs, considered by some to be the birthplace of the Art Deco style. The house of Mauboussin continued to produce innovated jewels through the twentieth century, opening their flagship at the famed Place Vêndome in Paris in 1955. Throughout their existence, their elite clientele has run the gamut from moguls to movie stars.