Medieval gilticonographic saints ring. The central plaque with grooved panels, engraved vertically with two standing saints, flanked by shoulders with raised twisting channels, engraved between with stylised foliate motifs and chevron detail, continuing to a solid twisting shank. Testedsilver gilt, approximately 7.6g in weight, circa 15th century.
Found near Barnard Castle, Teesdale, County Durham, UK; recorded by the Bowes Museum in the early 1980s.
For further illustrations of iconographic rings, see Oman, C., 'English Rings 800-1914', plate 65 and 66.