Gold posy ring, 'love is the bond of peace'. A conforming rounded band lightly engraved to the interior in italic script 'love is the bond of peace', approximately 3.2mm in width, approximately 1.78g in weight. Tested yellow gold, maker's mark 'M.B', circa 18th century.
Attributed to a Dublin goldsmith of 1740-41. See Jackson, Sir C.J. 'English Goldsmiths and Their Marks' p.621.