Georgian memorial ring with black enamel, 1758. The gold band with four scrolling panels with black enamel and text 'ELIZ. MALTBY OB.4.FEB. 1758 AE:64'. Tested yellow gold, marker's mark 'JW' to the interior, 1758.
'JW' is the maker's mark for the goldsmith James Wright, who operated in Glasgow in the late 18th century.
Formerly the part of the Deago collection.