Georgian heraldic shield pearlmemorial ring. Set to center with one half pearl within a shield shaped setting with black enamel border, to shouldersengraved and enamelled with the words ''IN MEM' and 'ORY OF' with additional scrolling details to a plain flat shank, inside band inscribed 'T.E. Burgess' , approximately 1.88g in weight, maker's mark 'A&S', hallmarked to the interior with a crown, 18, an anchor, a 'U' and bust profile, which dates this piece to 1818.
The maker's mark, 'A&S' stands for Alder & Son of Blyth, Northumberland.
Formerly the property of a Suffolk lady, previously part of the Deago collection, by descent from the vendor's mother.