The firm of Bailey Banks and Biddle first started as Bailey & Co, founded in 1832 by Joseph Trowbridge Bailey and Andrew Kitchen on fashionable Chestnut Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1878 George W. Banks, previously of Philadelphia’s other top jewellery firm J.E. Caldwell & Co, and Samuel Biddle joined the firm under the management of Joseph T. Bailey II. Over the years the firm counted among its clientele many presidents of the United States, from Woodrow Wilson to Ronald Regan. It is currently thriving and is now owned by the Zales Corporation.