Egyptian Revival micro-mosaic ear pendants. A matching pair, each issuing from a roundel with fine ropework borders containing a raised micro-mosaic plaque depicting a heron against a blue ground, suspending a drop shape pendant and leading to a larger roundel with scalloped wirework and ropework borders enclosing a raised micro-mosaic plaque portraying a pharaoh set against a blue background, with secure hook fitting to reverse, approximately 5.95cm to top of hook. Marked yellow gold, French, circa 1870, accompanied by a fitted box. Micro-mosaic jewellery was particularly popular during the nineteenth century, when it was produced by workshops in Rome to appeal to tourists visiting the capital on the Grand Tour. In the 1860s and 70s, Ancient Egypt served as a source of inspiration, resulting in brightly coloured pieces incorporating easily identifiable symbols, such as scarab beetles and pharaoh's heads.