CHARLTON & CO
The jewelry firm of Chartlon & Co was found in New York City in 1909 by John W. Charlton. Initially at 298 Fifth Avenue, Robert S. Chapin joined the firm at which point they moved to 635 Fifth Ave. Known for producing excellent quality high-end jewelry, Charlton was purchased by James Todd and Grant Peacock in 1919, followed by branches opening in Paris and Palm Beach. In 1943 Peacock assumed full ownership, renaming the firm, which is today located at 450 Park Avenue.